Bulk Item Pickup
The City of Hopkins offers its residential garbage customers a bulk item pickup service on Thursdays. Bulk items are oversized or extra garbage which do not fit in your garbage cart, including but not limited to furniture, sofas, stuffed chairs, mattresses, box springs, carpet rolls (3 feet. long, 1 foot. diameter) and appliances.
Request a Pickup
To schedule a bulk item pick-up, call Public Works at 952-939-1382 before 2 p.m. on Wednesday or fill out the Bulk Item Pick-Up Request Form.
Bulk Item Pickup Charges
- $25 plus State and County Solid Waste management fees for each large item*
- $25 plus State and County Solid Waste management fees for each ¾ cubic yard of smaller, bagged or boxed material
*Exceptions are mattresses, box springs and hide-a-beds, which are $50 plus state and county solid waste management fees per item
|Bulk Pickup Service||$25||Per 3/4 cubic yard and/or large item, plus county and state waste management fees|
|Box Springs||$50||Per box spring|
State & County Solid Waste Management Fee
- State Solid Waste management fee is 9% of total charge(s).
- County Solid Waste management fee is 15% of total charge(s).
- Place all items at your regular garbage collection location and keep all items at least 4 feet away from the garbage container
- Materials must fit into a rear load garbage truck or on a one-ton truck and must be transportable by two people.
- Smaller items must be bagged or boxed. No loose garbage will be collected. Bagged or boxed items must weigh 35 pounds or less.
- The maximum item size accepted is 4 feet by 6 feet
Items Not Accepted
Please refer to Hennepin County's Green Disposal Guide for options on how to dispose of these items.
- Major construction / demolition materials exceeding 3 cubic yards in volume
- Concrete weighing over 35 pounds
- Concrete with iron or steel in it
- Car batteries
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Metal barrels or drums
- Car parts
- Gas refrigerators
- Hazardous waste
- Paint products
- Waste oil
- Junk cars
- Railroad ties
- Food Waste