Family Garden Plots
The City of Hopkins provides a community garden site area in Valley Park in the Westbrooke/Nine Mile Creek area where residents can lease a 20-foot by 20-foot garden plot. View the Valley Park Page.
Registration for 2023 community garden plots begins at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, April 4, for Hopkins residents and is on a first come, first served basis (limit two plots per household). Residents must provide proof of residency and register in-person at Hopkins City Hall, 1010 First Street S. Non-residents may register beginning Friday, April 7.
Proof of Residency
Accepted documents for proof of residency:
- Minnesota Driver’s License
- Minnesota ID Card
- United States Passport
- Tribal ID Card
- Minnesota University, College, or Technical College ID Card
- Utility bill
- Telephone, TV or internet
- Solid waste, sewer, electric, gas or water
- Banking or credit card
- Rent or mortgage
- Residential lease or rent agreement within 30 days of registration date.
Registration for non-residents begins one week later.
Due to the high demand for plots, there is a limit of two plots per household.
The rate is $25 per plot.
When to Plant
Plots are ready to plant in mid-May.
Community Garden Kick-Off Event
Start the 2023 growing season off on the right foot! This event is free and open to the public.
Saturday, May 13
9 to 11 a.m.
Join the City of Hopkins for a fun-filled morning at the third annual Community Garden Kick-Off event. Community partners offering gardening advice, free giveaways and more include:
- Hennepin County Master Gardeners
- Hopkins Fire & Police Departments
- Hopkins School District/Hopkins Community Education
- ICA Food Shelf.
New this year: free coffee from the No Milk coffee cart!