How Do I Register to Vote?
To vote, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 18 years old on Election Day
- Have resided in Minnesota for 20 days immediately preceding Election Day
- To use the address where you currently reside (live)
- To have any felon conviction record discharged, expired or completed
- You are not under court-ordered guardianship where a court has revoked your voting rights
- You have not been ruled legally incompetent by a court of law
Am I Registered to Vote?
To check your voter registration statues, use the Secretary of State's Voter Registration lookup service. You can also call City Hall to find out if you are registered to vote.
Reasons to Register Again
Once registered, you need not register again unless:
- You move
- You change your name
- You do not vote for four years